Wednesday 23 July 2014

#2 The Outsiders (1983)



The Outsiders is one of my favourite books and another one of my favourite movies. It's very moving and true. The original writing, S. E. Hinton based it off of the gangs in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where she was living when she wrote the book at seventeen-years-old.

There are the Greasers and the Socs (short for socials), two rival gangs always out to get each other. Then Johnny kills one of the Socs and then crap hits the fan.

I think my favourite character is Dallas Winston, maybe it's just because i like bad boys, but he really did have a personality. Ponyboy Curtis was also an amazing person.

I loved the fact that even though they were poor and had bad lives that they still stuck up for each other and still cared for each other.

The Outsiders was rated 7.2, but it still received a place in the top 500. I think it deserved at least a nine because of it's place in the world. Like, if you watch it today, which is around twenty years later, then it's still relevant to what happens in society today.

➸Shania

P.s; Sorry if my reviews are too short, i'm working on making them longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment