Sunday 24 August 2014

#3 Divergent (2014)



I have been very sick recently and stuck in bed all day (although i'm in bed most of the time anyways) so i decided to watch Divergent. I am a bit skeptical about watching two hour movies with Shailene Woodley as the lead actress, but my friend told me to watch it so i did.

First, the only time I've ever liked Shailene is in The Secret Life of an American Teenager because she was young and i really like shows and movies about American high schools. But other than that i don't get why everyone is fussing over her? Just like the Jennifer Lawrence, why?! But i'll get to her another time. Also i wasn't sure if she was wearing a wig/hair extensions because didn't she chop all of her hair off for TFIOS? I think maybe this movie came before it? I'm not sure.

The plot was pretty good. I've never read the book so i'm not sure how that compares to the movie. I tried listening to the audio book but i didn't end up because i didn't have time. The action scenes were pretty intense too, and i noticed how hard they had to work on them, the acting was pretty professional also.

Miles Teller though. He was an asshole wasn't he? Well he normally is, but not to pretty lead actresses he isn't. Theo James was a hard one to focus on, yeah he is good looking and perfect for that role. But does anyone remember him as that asshole on The Inbetweeners Movie that ran over Simon on his motorbike? I knew i saw him somewhere when i watched it, i thought he was from the Host, but then i clicked when i searched him up on IMBd.

I am rating this movie a 7, the same as the IMBd rating. I don't think i would watch it again, because of the fact of it's two hour length and my mindset for movies is not the same as it use to be.

➸Shania

No comments:

Post a Comment